Yara International, our speaking Sponsor for the 4th World Intelligent Farming Summit, shares how they can effectively put the EU’s farm-to-fork strategy into action and support European farmers in their journey towards sustainable farming practices. Continue reading:
Yara grows knowledge to responsibly feed the world and protect the planet. Supporting our vision of a world without hunger and a planet respected, we pursue a strategy of sustainable value growth, promoting climate-friendly crop nutrition and zero-emission energy solutions. Yara’s ambition is focused on growing a nature-positive food future that creates value for our customers, shareholders, and society at large and delivers a more sustainable food value chain.
Founded in 1905 to solve the emerging famine in Europe, Yara has established a unique position as the industry’s only global crop nutrition company. We operate an integrated business model with around 17,000 employees and operations in over 60 countries, with a proven track record of strong returns. In 2022, Yara reported revenues of USD 24 billion.
Drawing on over a century of crop nutrition expertise, Yara has established its digital farming unit called Yara AgTech to develop precision farming applications, hardware tools, advanced sensors, satellite technology and API solutions tailored to farmers’ local needs. We are an international team of engineers, scientists, researchers, designers, agronomists and more, working together and taking the lead in building new digital solutions to create value for stakeholders across the agricultural ecosystem. In line with Yara’s mission to responsibly feed the world and protect the planet, Yara AgTech's portfolio of tools and services will help farmers grow more efficient, sustainable and profitable yields while improving connectivity to peers, knowledge and markets. www.yara.com/digital-farming/
What is Yara AgTech’s vision and purpose?
Yara AgTech’s vision is to drive digital agriculture innovation and best-in-class capabilities that will contribute to a more sustainable and nature-positive food future. We will achieve this by working side by side with Yara’s regional teams to provide farmers and advisors worldwide with user-friendly, real-time data and insights that enable them to improve crop yields and optimize nutrient-use efficiency. Through our best-in-class AgTech tools and services and Yara's crop nutrition knowledge, we develop easily integrated digital capabilities and solutions tailored to local farming challenges.
What solutions does Yara AgTech have in its portfolio?
Yara has a range of solutions to help farmers optimize their activities on the ground and enable the entire food value chain to move toward climate-neutral practices. Our digital farming team innovates, prototypes, builds, and validates digital solutions that connect and create value for stakeholders across the agricultural ecosystem. These solutions empower professional and smallholder farmers to increase yields, crop quality, and incomes in a sustainable way.
Our techniques make use of the latest technologies, such as:
- Real-time nitrogen sensors and other hardware to optimize nitrogen use decisions
- Data science, analytics, and crop and soil dynamic modelling
- Artificial Intelligence and machine learning
- Automation of application and farm operations
- Personalized digital platforms
Here are some examples from our portfolio:
- At farm – a digital toolbox for farmers and advisors, offering a range of science-backed agronomic services from nutrition planning to crop monitoring. These solutions help to improve the efficiency and sustainability of farming operations throughout the crop cycle.
- YaraFX Insight - an API-based solution that connects Yara’s unparalleled crop nutrition expertise with digital platforms already used by farmers. We work with partners to integrate our Agtech capabilities with their digital solutions, using agronomic APIs to provide field-specific advice throughout the crop cycle.
- Hardware – Yara’s hardware solutions are a range of IoT (Internet of Things) devices that offer farmers and advisors critical information about their field. The N-Tester BT is a hand-held crop measurement tool that establishes a crop’s current nitrogen status by measuring one of its leaf’s chlorophyll contents. The N-Sensor is a tractor-mounted sensor that measures variability in the crop’s nitrogen uptake as the tractor moves across a field.
Could you elaborate more on YaraFX Insight?
YaraFX Insight is our latest offering, an API-based solution for third-party integration. Yara’s advice and recommendations are the product of over a century of unparalleled agronomic knowledge gained from field trial data plus the experience and expertise of local agronomists worldwide. With our Crop Nutrition Knowledge APIs, partners can integrate Yara’s knowledge and add a new value to their digital platforms. Through added crop nutrition recommendations, in-field analysis, and sustainability metrics, you can help more growers maximize yields, optimize resources, and improve efficiency. Our partners can create one integrated platform of services and solutions that complements their portfolio, providing true end-to-end digital crop management.
What does Yara AgTech aim to leverage as Diamond sponsors at this year’s 4th World Intelligent Farming Summit?
As Diamond sponsors at this year’s Summit, we aim to leverage this opportunity to talk about how we can effectively put EU’s farm-to-fork strategy into action and support European farmers in their journey towards sustainable farming practices. We are also excited about moderating a panel and discussing about how we can collaborate to ensure digitization efforts are made more accessible to farmers, an important one if we are to accelerate our journey towards sustainable global food systems.
Furthermore, we are looking forward to exchanging knowledge with like-minded peers, networking with stakeholders across the food value chain, unlocking new partnerships, and discovering new ways of collaboration!